Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's Day

Valentine Heart Puppies
This was an idea I got from some of my co-workers. They turned out super cute! I'll probably back them on white paper next time - that's a lot of pink, even for me!! The first one is my sample.

 Handprint Hearts
 I LOVE making art using handprints - turkeys, snowmen, reindeer - you name it, we've made it! So for Valentine's Day, we made these handprint hearts. I was going to hang them with ribbon and glue the poem on back, but I ended up pasting them on pink paper so I can easily add them our kindergarten memory books at the end of the year. Both versions are pictured below.



Valentine Bags
We created these super simple Valentine Bags to take home all our goodies!

We also read lots of cute Valentine's Day stories!


11 comments:

  1. Precious ideas! I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day! I would love for you to come and visit my new little blog sometime.

    www.sprinklestokindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute ideas! I love the heart puppy. Do you have any patterns that you used to make it or did you just cut out the hearts?

    Joni
    jegalford3406@gmail.com
    kinderkidsfun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a pattern..I just folded the paper in half and traced half of a heart one each one. DLTK has a cute pattern here: http://www.dltk-holidays.com/valentines/mdog.htm

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heart everything about this post! I would love for you to come visit me when you get the chance! =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of your heart ideas are so cute!!! Happy Valentine's day ( a little late...) :)

    Michelle

    come visit me if you have a chance! :)
    Apples and ABC's

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog and your adorable freebies! Thank you for sharing and be sure to check out my page! I share all of mine for free as well! =)
    Jessica
    Under the Alphabet Tree

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww....I love this activity! This is also my first year in Kindergarten, after teaching 1st grade for 3 years, definitely a difference! I'm your newest follower!

    Angela
    The Daily Alphabet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you have the heart that you used in the handprint craft? I am going to try to do this at our party this week and I am worried that I am going to cut the hearts to small!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would also love the heart you used or to know where you got it from.
    rebecca.moore@symaptico.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. I featured your Valentine bag here: http://www.celebratingholidays.com/?page_id=5942. I hope that is OK. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can you post a template of the heart and poem?

    ReplyDelete