Thursday, February 23, 2012

Solid Shapes {Freebie}

I know this is a super short post today but I really wanted to share this with you!
I just made an updated version of my 3D Shape Sort. I LOVE the way Kindergarten Freckle Teacher used my shape cards with this cute poem! I also loved the pocket chart idea, so I just had to make one of my own! 

Of course, it also doubles as a sorting activity! We used this during math centers. The kids sorted the pictures as well as actual solid objects.

For lots more ideas on solid shapes, check out my prior post and solid shapes unit:
http://mrsriccaskindergarten.blogspot.com/2012/11/solid-shapes-geometry-unit-freebie.html

11 comments:

  1. That's a great poem. I love the shapes too.

    Tammy
    www.foreverin1st.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the link to my page and poem! I saw it on Pinterest last night. How crazy is that? Thank you so much for the pics. My class did really well when I assessed them on solid shapes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am LOVING this sort! What great photo-realistic pictures for them to identify with! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    I have been a follower for a long time but have somehow missed coming by more often. I will be stalking you now...daily! =)

    Come visit me if you get the chance...I have a cute rhyming *freebie* and some other ones that your kiddos might love! =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you!! I'm doing my practicum hours in a kindergarten class and I used your pictures to teach my first lesson ever. My clinical educator loved it. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for these cards and I love the pocket chart idea too. These are just what I need for my little people!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did this today and it was an enormous hit. We even added motions to it. My Kindergarteners LOVED it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is perfect! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. PERFECT!
    Thank you for sharing. =)

    ReplyDelete