Saturday, December 17, 2011

Phonics & Music

I try to integrate music into my teaching as often as possible. I love this Phonics Song by KidsTV123. My class sings it everyday. One child gets to come up and point on the alphabet chart as we all sing along. This is much more engaging than flash cards. The kids always want to sing it again. 

The kids also love Marching Around the Alphabet by Hap Palmer. We do this with letters and also with letter sounds. 

Oh, and I just found this great DVD from There are songs (with movements) for each letter of the alphabet, as well as two songs that include all the letters and sounds. I'm going to have to buy it now!!


  1. My kids love that song too!! Glad to have stumbled upon your blog, I'm new here as well :)

    I'm your newest follower.

    Color Me Kinder

  2. I saw your comment on another site about saving YouTube videos. Can you please email me the instructions when you get a chance...I know you are very busy!!!!
    My email is Thanks so much.

  3. My entire life, I had for the longest time been itching to purchase a PT Cruiser. That is my most loved vehicles ever! It may be the commercials and advancements, yet I day I saw this awesome little vehicle, I knew I needed to have one. I began investigating different approaches to back the Cruiser and found a couple shocks in getting another auto credit. To my alleviation, these amazements were lovely. Cash Advance